15 August 2008

Cobra (Naja Saramensis)



Naja Samarensis Cobra. We found this cobra inside our fence. Hiding behind our flowers. My children use to play hiding there. This is an adult cobra because the length of 1 meter. 1 meter is and adult size of Philippine cobra in the south like this. Sorry to say I killed this one is my only option. We don't a nearby snake catcher. To protect my children is to demolish the cobra. Before I lost it. To poisonious to say; to let it go. I am thinking the safety of my childen. Now, I try to ask if there is any vinum of our hospital here. And, they said (there is). I hope so, not only for our sake but to the people. Few months ago a girl age of 4 was killed by a snake (not cobra) but they called BANAKON. I have no english term for this yet. If you can help me to find this let me know.

4 comments:

Ingrid E said...

Luckely you found the cobra and could kill it so the children are safe.

Daisy said...

Yes I really did fight hard for it that hurt my hand and blister from the stick I was using was a lot of splinter woods that went in to my skin. Papa Berend was worried about it that we find snake inside our yard. Yeah, this is something is not easy to avoid here especially we have a lot of flowers around and can not escape to find mouse. If there is mouse and I think snake is going after it. I keep eye on that since then.

Jewish Odysseus said...

"Banakon" is the Philippine form of the King Cobra.

Unknown said...

Hey dude. Banakon is the local ( bisaya) term for king cobra.

Panas Falls

Panas Falls
Located in New Corella Davao del Norte. Not far from La Filipina where I live, and about 45 minutes drive. Cold water, nice and very clear, fun and peaceful.

Another capture of Panas Falls.

Another capture of Panas Falls.
A beautiful place and clean.

Other part of Panas

Other part of Panas
From the top view of the water. And, it goes like a stairs going down.